20/05/2021

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Off to Never-Never land.


Source // Nintendo


I couldn't tell you a single song that Metallica has written. Well, there's Enter Sandman, but I only know that from ECW, and wouldn't have been able to tell you that it was a Metallica track until I looked it up just now.

I am, quite simply, not the target audience for Guitar Hero: Metallica, though it does have the odd offering from much more recognizable bands should you require a change of... musicians?

Look, you know the drill. I don't have the kit, I don't have the desire, I'm not going to be saying a whole lot about this game, and I'm probably going to slag off Metallica, so let's all just ignore this one and move on.


Source // PlayStation
Source // Nintendo


Frustrations


Can't play, won't play, plays the same, comes with an additional drum pedal, is harder. You're a band who loves Metallica so much that you do your very best to get noticed and get invited to become their opening act, which is apparently something they do, which is nice, I guess.


Source // PlayStation
Source // PlayStation
Source // Nintendo
Source // PlayStation


Join your mates, go it alone, clickety-clack your way through the set-list, which as I mentioned does contain more than just Metallica, but not much more. I mean, when your game is about Metallica you kind of need to make them the main event, don't you? Ace of Spades is on here, though, so you could just loop that over and over. I would, if I cared. Well, no, I'd listen to the actual song, wouldn't I?


Source // PlayStation


Final Word


If you like Guitar Hero and you like Metallica, then I suppose Guitar Hero: Metallica is right up your street. I don't like either, so I guess that means Guitar Hero: Metallica comes from another city or planet or plane of existence or something.

Grab your like-minded mates and clack your fingers to the bone like a real rockstar. Are these rockstars? I suppose the 'Metal' in the name probably means they aren't. What do I know? If I don't know who sings something, I always guess Bryan Adams. Pretty sure he was the star of the last band-specific Guitar Hero...

If you see me playing Guitar Hero: Metallica, send help, I'll need it.


Fun Facts


In a nice touch, the band's desires to collaborate on a themed Guitar Hero were because of their kids using the games to learn about older bands and music in general. So basically, I'm Scrooge.

Guitar Hero: Metallica, developed by Neversoft, first released in 2009.